lunes, 6 de junio de 2016

10 mistakes a Hotel should avoid in social networks

Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram ... Make a hole for your hotel in social networks can be exhausting, but following the steps appropriate social media can be of great help in establishing relationships with your customers. Here we present 10 of the most common mistakes that you should not fall when promoting your hotel on the Internet.

1. Publish an incomplete profile

Leave information without complete profile of your hotel in social networks can offer a poor image of the establishment. Take advantage of social networks to offer all possible hotel information, set the tone of your communications with users on the Internet and create a style according to your target audience.

2. Upload pictures without text descriptions

A photo must be accompanied by a brief text explaining the story behind the image. Not only it tries to help the SEO of your page by adding keywords endlessly, but to convey to users the essence of the hotel and its features.

3. Do not include a link to the booking site

Although social networks are a perfect space to create community and communicate with your customers, in some cases they can also motivate users to make a reservation at the hotel. Do not miss this opportunity and make sure you provide free and direct access to booking tools.

4. Establish a one-way communication

Social media is a great platform to amplify the story of your hotel, however, it should not be a one-way street. Establish a two-way dialogue with followers will help create more personal relationships. Involve guests with questions and encourage them to comment on posts the hotel bring greater dynamism to the community.

5. Use the social network only as a tool for self-promotion

Although it may seem that social media is the perfect place to share your hotel promotions, not all publications should focus on self-promotion. A good rule of thumb states that only 20% of the spublicaciones should focus on publishing brand promotions, while the remaining 80% would be devoted to other content designed to generate "engagement". Share interesting news about the hotel and its surroundings, including funny pictures of the destination and use creativity to earn the "likes" of your followers.

6. Ignore or delete negative comments

Negative votes can be hard to take, but one vote or negative feedback can become positive if the hotel responds to it and provides solutions. Do not ignore criticism you receive your hotel social media, as are an invaluable information that can help you improve your business.

7. Post too much or too little

Knowing what, when and how often post is vital. Post rarely (once a week) will not create enough interest and "engagement" in your followers, but it is important not to overwhelm the fans publishing too. It is recommended to publish about 4 times a week on Facebook, 2-3 times a week on LinkedIn and several times a day on Twitter.

8. Use an impersonal tone or automated publications

One of the reasons why the media have achieved great success is because people can interact with each other. Be sure to post comments individualized followers rather than automatic responses and make an extra effort adding a personal touch.

9. #Abuse #The #hashtags

Hashtags are used to help consumers quickly find specific topics and refer to the keyword or phrase. They can be very beneficial when used properly, but innundar your messages with hashtags unnecessary creates a sense of chaos, lack of professionalism and difficult to read the messages.

10. Being impatient

Manage the presence of a brand in social media takes time. Having a large number of followers should not be the only objective and certainly this will not happen in the overnight. Be patient and fosters quality relationships with fans creating relevant conversations. As you continue communicating in an interesting and pleasant way, fans will grow.

If you want to keep reading, I recommend: 5 Tips for positioning your Hotel in Google

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario